Who you are
Based on your survey answers, your skills, personal values, preferred roles and what you value in an employer, you have fallen into the category of Self-starter! According to your answers, here is how we would describe your career persona:
- Your answers suggest that you are very driven and ambitious and unafraid to take risks, such as putting yourself forward for positions of responsibility. You are likely to be comfortable with assuming a leadership position in a group or on a project and are often the person to propose bold ideas and innovative solutions to problems. You are not afraid of shaking things up and pushing boundaries.
- At university, it is possible you are someone who joins several student societies and sports clubs, and quickly takes up positions of responsibility within those, such as becoming a team captain or running for a committee role. You might get involved in student politics or have representational roles on your course or in your department, so that you can influence decisions and create change.
- Professionally, the roles you will likely be interested in will involve strategic and innovative thinking – whether that is through having team or project management responsibility, making organisational change happen or being responsible for commercial outcomes.
Roles to consider
Below are the sectors and roles you will likely enjoy working in. However, your skills will be valuable in any graduate role and across all sectors.
- Business development / Sales
- Team leadership
- Product/ Project management
Skills to work on
You are likely to have high levels of the following skills and competencies, which will make you attractive to graduate recruiters. These are also strengths worth focusing on and developing further in your career to set you apart.
- Commercial awareness
- Entrepreneurship/ innovation
- Initiative/ self-drive
Get advice from the experts to increase your employability
Use gradireland hints and tips pages to update you CV
Complete a gradireland pathway to develop skills
Sign up to gradireland's events to meet employers, enter competitions or tune into career readiness webinars
Thinking about postgraduate study? Find out about what is available here
Need more advice? Check out your university’s career service – they’ll have lots of resources to help you with your career plans!
The rankings below give you an overview of the top 100 graduate employers in Ireland, as voted for by students and graduates. Using the information we’ve provided for your career type, you can research the top student employers in your sectors/areas of interest